Monday, October 02, 2006

Logical Positivism

Yesterday Mr Paul Linus in his Jurisprudential class lecture introduces to us the birth of Legal Logical Positivism in the United Kingdom. Before he go into the subject matter proper he offers us a defination of what positivistism is.

What in the world is this defination for? I'm in the mids of confusion and emotionaly not able to comprehend such a defination. However, there are something real amazing about this area of law. Like everyone else I'm more interested as to who John Austin is than what he wrotes.

So while I'm blogging this you might be more interested as to who am I then what I wrote right? I describe John Austin as a man with no great achievement in life. I would say he failed badly in all things he do " sounded too much like a mocking to his life while he is on earth" I must qualified my self this is by Paul Linus...So sue him for defamation :)

Yup it is true! So believe it or not you can be famous for your failure! He was nevertheless said to be a very intelligent man with great dreams and all his thoughts and work on the jusrisprudential aspect has been paid much tribune too.

Sadly his wife has an affair while he is seriuosly ill, he only manage to keep 5 student in his class and even so, they are now our modern philosopher who critisizes his works. He was called to the bar to serve for his great piece of judicial opinions however, as a result of the depression he has he left the Bar after 5 years. So he is so much so a man with no Career and he was said to be a perfectionist that has never able to achieve his prefection.

So misserable. I thought to my self what has motivate him in going through his life? His wife? No definately not. His Career? Not as well. He ends his life with much sadness and all his scripts of Jurisprudential was then published and was found to be of great deep thoughts. He is a malancholy who has gone to extreme in life, there is no fulfillment and his expression of words has now become a stress for the Law student.

I however were of the opinion that this man is worth to be discover of. Sadden by his life but have wisdom on his words. Don't you feel that in our life only when we are so sad, so directionless, so weak that we see things clearer than ever? I'm not John Austin of course am not a malancholy either. I develope the sence of only God can fill reliance when bad things does happened.

What do you felt?

No comments: