Thursday, June 05, 2008

Which is better?

If you know, Malaysians are one of the most hard working people on earth. Back in 1990 I got a shock and dissappointed when the shopping mall in Sydney closses sharp at 5pm. 4.30pm people is already packing their stuff to go home. To my surprise, there is nothing interesting at night. The only thing my cousin suggested was to go for the gay bar or the Mardigrass show. What? Did I heard you correctly? That is awefull..I'm neither a guy nor a gay...so what is that suggestion.

So we decided to stay put at home and watch a movie. Back then I'm only 15th, so you are aware that when the clocks ticks 8pm we could only go into the room for some kids show like Simpson. So I'm a big fans of Simpson that I bought a shirt in Australia that I could wear it to make a point.

All I did in Australia was visiting some parks and historical places. Uncle Simon even tested me on the name of the flag. Oh dear...this is a killer trip. I wish shopping complex closes at 10.00 so I can escape from all this educational children trips.

KL is the best. You got to stay up late and go fondue your way to the mamak and catch a midnight show..now I'm reaching my late 20s..and I come to realisation how I wish I could visit Australia again. Sitting by the beach, having my fish and chips, go home early and have some family time. Steamboat at the yard and crack some jokes before a good nite kiss from mum and dad. Simpson with Adrian and Jay...laugh at the fact that I hit myself on the crytal clear window...

Sometimes, the other side of the field really looks greener...be it a job or a friend or even your spouse..but let not change what God has plan...

My Quiet Time This morning inspires me by the fact that, God told Jeremiah he knew him before he is in his mother's womb. Jeremiah excuses is that I'm only a child how can I tell the people what you have commanded me.

God then said to him " Do not say that you are a child, I'm with you and I'll rescue you. In life there is 1001 and excuses and challenges, but what I choose is what dictates the very outcome.

Which is better?

Shall Ponder...........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm... Is Kl the best? I wonder, when you have more free time and less activity, it's better for one to reflect on their lives and thus make changes for good. It is the activity that keep the mind from growing. Well, I guess only with the balance for activity and reflection that best. The challenge is how well one balance them both.

Another thing is, why you didn't respond to the comment? I am dissapointed with all the waiting and expectation. Hahaha...

Evelyn said...

Thanks Bro, I think life changes after a period time...people change for better or worse, people move on and have different challenges in life.

I think one lesson to be learn is to cherish each moment. Be it a sad one or a happy one. When we look back we could always thank God for his goodness and how he works things out for each of us.

Bro, I'm sorry that I did'nt reply..I dont know you were expecting :) Thanks for always dropping by with a word of encouragement.

Cheers!