Thursday, March 02, 2006

How to live couragesly

Most of us might be stuggling to live courageless in one way or another. As a law student courage is something I learned along the way. I remember my lecture use to tell us that " you don't want to be labelled as a crying lawyer dont you?". In my mind, it will be the headline of the newspaper....no I dont want that.

As much as it was what my mind dictate to me to live couragesly, it was still my struggle. I told God that I can't help it. It was natural...

We might struggle different things ie: relationship, friendship, family matters, work etc... and I remember the book written by Dave Evans Rogers and 13 other writters in his book " Power of Hope" quoted: Order your mind to release its frantic hold on the obsessive anxiety thought. In a word, let go and let God.

Let go and let God?

So what does courage means? Does it mean no crying? Full stop?

Joshua 1: 9
Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest.

Romas 8:31
If God be for us, who can be against us.

11 Timothy 1: 7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and of a sound mind

Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and deliver me from all my fears.

Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you. My peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid

I shall keep a silent moment to ponder...Do ponder with me as well....

Cheers! God Bless!
EV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evelyn...

Hi.. Hi...

When i saw that verses Joshua 1:9, i remember how we start our friendship, it make my face smile again.. You can say i am sentimental, but i am just like your dad, who love National Geography..

Our ABBA is the most creative & patient potter, from clay HE make me & you.. despite hurt & curse...

Phileo...